Effective 30 November 2020, Investors Mutual Limited (IML) has changed its custodian and administrator, including our unit registry service provider, to Citigroup Pty Ltd. This enables IML to offer enhanced operational features for advisers and investors.
We have endeavoured to answer your questions below, however please Contact Us if you have any additional questions.
- New Investor Number(s) - All investors have been issued with a new Investor Number. Please note there will no longer be Account numbers for investments in individual Funds, your investments will be grouped by your Investor Number and IML Fund name. Investors have been mailed a letter containing their new Investor Number. If you have not received it, please Contact Us
- New Bank details – our bank account details have changes for all new investors and additional investments from existing investors. Please refer to the Application Form or the Additional Investment Form for Bank account details.
- New mailing address and fax number for forms – please refer to the Contact Us page, or the relevant form on the How to Invest page for the new details.
- Online access – The Investors Mutual Client Portal is an enhanced online experience for advisers and investors, allowing you to access a range of information about your investments, and undertake activities including:
- Access past (from 30 November 2020) and current statements
- Full transaction history (up to 7 years) and holdings reporting
- Online data updates including account contact information
Please see below for more details on the Client Portal.
- Statements and transactions notices will be issued by Citigroup as secure PDFs. This format applies to those advisers and investors who have elected to receive via email but are not set up on the Online Portal. The first time you receive one of these emails you will need to set up a password, which you will use to access all future documents. Citi has provided this guide on receiving secure email from Citi.
- No change to day-to-day client service – We expect minimal disruption to your experience with IML. While the new service provider allows us to offer enhanced operational features to our investors, our IML client services team remains the same and our contact details remain unchanged. Contact Us
Client Portal - online account access
How do I register for online access?
Investors can request access by submitting the Change of Details form.
Advisers can request access by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, Practice Name, Licensee, email address and mobile number. The email address must be an individual email address and not a group or admin email.
Does my old Saraweb login carry over or do I need to register again?
No, your access was not transferred automatically. You can request access by submitting the Change of Details form.
Can I access my past statements and activity?
Past transactions (up to 7 years) will be available on the Client Portal.
Statements issued prior to 30 November 2020 will not be available on the Client Portal.
Annual Tax Statements will not be issued via the Client portal.
Please Contact Us if you require access to any statements or information not available on the Client Portal.
Can I submit forms via the Client Portal?
At this stage investors cannot transact (ie additional investments and withdrawals) online. New investors can submit only initial applications online – please refer to the How To invest page.
Do you need to include all pages of the application form?
Yes. You need to include all pages of the application form even if they are left blank or you do not feel they are relevant.
What is the minimum investment?
The minimum investment for each Fund is $50,000. The minimum additional investment for each Fund is $5,000. IML may waive these minimum amounts in certain circumstances, such as investments by platforms or IDPS providers.
Do you need to have an adviser to invest?
While an adviser can help identity your financial goals and decide whether an investment is suitable to your needs you are still able to invest directly with us. To invest directly in one of our funds you must carefully read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, together with the Investment Guide, that is available on our website to ensure you understand the Fund and the risks involved. You can download the application form from our website. Follow the instructions on the application form. Once completed, provide your supporting identification documents required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 of Australia and send via mail to our Investment Administrator. You will also need to deposit your application monies directly into the Fund's bank account.
Is it necessary to fill in FATCA?
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) 2010 requires United States persons, including those who live outside the United States to report their financial accounts. As a result we require our investors to fill in this section. If you do not fill this section out, IML will follow-up with you in order to receive the required FACTCA information.
When filling in the details for the EFT transfer the name won’t fit in the account name for the bank details – Does this matter?
Some banks do not allow enough space to enter all of your account name details. You may shorten your account details to IML AS RE [Investor Name]. Please put in enough of your account name so that it is easy to apply to your application.
If doing a transfer, do you also need to submit an application form?
Yes. You will need to submit a current application form to comply with the current legislation including FATCA notification, and you may also need to provide us with AML/CTF documentation for verification purposes if the new entity has not previously been identified for AML/CTF purposes.
Do you accept scanned and emailed copies of the additional application form?
No. Our unit registry will only accept a faxed copy or the original document.
Can we use an old application form?
No. All applications must be submitted on the current application form for the Fund found under the How to Invest section of this website. If you do send your application on an old application form, we will contact you and ask that you complete the current application form. We may choose to retain the AML/CTF verification documents so that you do not need to send these into us again as long as you have provided all the requested documents.
Do you have to fill in the application form again for an additional application?
How can I access previous Guides and Forms
If you require a previous version of a PDS or Investment Guide please contact us.
What is IML’s Platform Availability?
IML’s funds are available on most leading platforms. Please contact your state representative for more information.
How often are distributions paid?
All of our Funds generally distribute half yearly, with the exception of the Investors Mutual Equity Income Fund that generally distributes quarterly. IML’s website will display distribution details including cum, ex prices and cpu as well as a timetable for any current distributions.
What about liquidity?
It is IML’s intention that each Fund is liquid. You may withdraw part or all of your investment on a daily basis. However, should you wish to partially redeem your investment, your account balance cannot fall below the minimum of A$50,000.
Can we get hard copy PDS / Application forms?
Yes. Please contact us to request a hard copy and include your mailing address details.
I want to move from a platform to my own self managed super fund, what do I need to do?
Initially, you will need to confirm that the holding is above the $50,000 minimum required for all Funds. You can then transfer the unitholding using a standard transfer form. You may be required to pay stamp duty to the Office of State Revenue, depending upon the details of the transfer. Payment can be made online at the website of the Office of State Revenue at www.osr.nsw.gov.au.
You will also need to complete a new application form and send this with the transfer form, and any certified copies of your AML/CTF documents.
All documents must be mailed directly to Citigroups unit registry department. The address is found on the last page of the application form. The transfer will take approximately 4 days to process, depending upon the details of the transfer.
Alternatively you can redeem all your units, and then complete a new application form once you have received the funds.