How to invest
IML's quality and value approach to investing aims to deliver consistent returns for clients over the long-term. Investors can access IML's investment approach via our eight managed funds and QV Equities, a Listed Investment Company managed by IML which is traded on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Before you start
If you are interested in investing in one of our products we recommend you speak to your financial adviser. Your financial adviser can provide guidance based on your financial needs to determine whether an investment is suitable.
IML's Funds are available on most leading platforms. Please contact your state representative for more information. To invest in the Funds directly, please read IML's Financial Services Guide and follow the steps below. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The minimum initial investment in the Funds directly is A$50,000. Additional investments must be for a minimum of A$5,000.
Step 1: PDS & Investment Guide
If you are interested in investing directly with us it is important that you carefully read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and, where applicable, the IML Investment Guide (all Funds excluding the Investors Mutual Private Portfolio Fund). To ensure you understand how the Fund works and the risks involved, you should consider the information contained in the relevant documents before deciding whether to invest and before lodging an application for units in any of the Funds.
Please note that this document forms part of the PDS for all Funds (excluding the Investors Mutual Private Portfolio Fund) and needs to be referred to in conjunction with the IML PDS’s.
Product Disclosure Statements
- Investors Mutual Australian Share Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual All Industrials Share Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Future Leaders Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Australian Smaller Companies Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Small Cap Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Equity Income Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Concentrated Australian Share Fund PDS
- Investors Mutual Private Portfolio Fund PDS
Step 2: Application Forms
Please note this form is applicable to all IML Funds.
You will require the following information to complete the form
- your Tax File Number (or ABN, ACN, ARCN);
- residential address details;
- postal address details;
- identification documents (eg Drivers Licence or Passport); and
- if applying on behalf of a trust, details of the trustee.
To apply online please follow the instruction on the online application portal. You will be sent a link and PIN to enable you to complete your application at any time.
Advisers submitting an application on behalf of a client
- You are able to commence the application process online, however your client (the end investor) will need to complete the appropriate declarations, sign and submit the application to complete the process.
- On page 1 of the online form you can select if your client will complete the process: Online or Print, sign and post.
- This first generation of the online application portal allows you to upload documents and once submitted does not accommodate edits or additional uploads – effectively preventing you from pending applications. Coming enhancements will enable further flexibility.
If you experience any issues using online application portal, please contact us for assistance.
Advisers please click here.
Apply via mail
You can also apply by completing the application form either electronically or in print in accordance with the instructions and provide the supporting identification documents required for your application, as required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 of Australia.
Please complete the FATCA form if you fall under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act:
Step 3: Send
Please note this step only applies to investors applying via mail.
Print and provide all relevant identification documents as indicated duly certified. We cannot accept applications without these documents.
Please send the completed form to:Investors Mutual Ltd
C/- Citi Unit Registry Australia
GPO Box 764
Melbourne VIC 3001
Step 4: Payment Options
Payment should be credited to the following account:
Account Name: IML AS RE – APPLICATIONS ACCOUNT <Investor name>
Account Number: 209 802 007
View your investment on the Client Portal
To request access to the Client Portal please complete the Change of Details Form.
Advisers can request access to the Client Portal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, Practice Name, Licensee, email address and mobile number. The email address must be an individual email address and not a group or admin email.
An additional investment may be made at any time. The minimum additional investment amount is $5,000.
For additional investments, complete the Additional Investment Form. IML will also accept a completed application form or a written instruction. Additional application requests and cleared application monies must be received before 4.00pm AEST on a Business Day in Sydney, Australia to be processed with the unit price calculated for that Business Day. A buy-sell spread will apply. You can send your additional application request by mail or facsimile to 1300 714 616.
Continuous Disclosure & Regulatory Notices
Click here for details.